After working for long hours and a busy schedule, you walk into your home and you get a musty smell in your home which is just unbearable, then, you will not like it, right. No doubt, you will not. So, that musty smell you are getting in your home is a sign which is telling you that you have molds formed in your home. Hire a Carpet Cleaning Mornington to get the stain free carpet and carpet look new.
In this article, we are going to share with you some ways to get rid of the musty smell. So, just keep reading it.
Reasons for a musty smell in your home?
The major reason for the musty smell is the formation of molds and mold forms due to excessive humidity. So, the places which are stagnant like bathrooms, laundry rooms, or basements. When the mold forms it keeps releasing a foul-smelling gas in your home which permeates textile-like carpets, upholstery, and curtains.
Sources that cause mold formation:
- All Water leaks behind your walls.
- A broken foundation that allows water to seep in.
- Roof leaks.
- Low home ventilation.
- Leaky AC.
- Condensation buildup in your home.
- Damp fabrics, like blankets or clothes.
- Unpremeditated flood or water damage.
Do the smell of mold & mildew are the same?
Different mildew or molds can smell different to different people, but they smell tangy, wet, and earthy. Therefore, the formation of mold and mildew produce odors like wood and Smelly socks.
Can this musty smell of mold harm you & your family?
The gasses released by molds and mildew are kind of microbial volatile organic compounds. So, it can cause you problems like headaches, dizziness, nausea, itchy skin, and fatigue. That means, yes, the smell of mold will harm and can cause physical issues.
How can you protect you & your family while cleaning them?
As mold and mildew can cause severe allergic problems, then, if you are allergy-sensitive you should always wear a glove or mask while cleaning it up.
Here are the Top ways to remove musty smells out of your home
Mold and mildew grow in dark or wet conditions. The key to getting rid of the musty smell in your home is to maintain proper airflow and humidity levels. There are several ways to deal with carpet cleaning professionally and several ways to do it.
So, let’s have a look at the without wasting any time:
- Open windows in your home to remove stale air and bring fresh air into your home.
- Run a dehumidifier to eliminate excess moisture from the home.
- Keep the air circulating with ceiling fans and a box.
- Decorate your home with houseplants that will naturally clean the air.
- Dust thoroughly and regularly.
- Vacuum or mop the floors to get rid of lingering odors.
- You can use a scrub brush to Deep clean the shower drain or bathtub. You can also use a natural tub or tile cleaner. Keep the bath area clean with a daily shower spray.
- Clean your machine and disinfect the dishwasher.
- Use natural air freshener.
- So, now fill a spray bottle with distilled white vinegar and spray it down on hard surfaces.
So, these are many effective methods to get rid of the musty smell of your home.